Microsoft just released a free accounting tool for Windows users: Office Accounting Express 2007. Aimed at small and home-based businesses and available at IdeaWins.com, OAE offers the following features:
- Create quotes and invoices; track expenses and employee time
- Enter data once and share it seamlessly with other Microsoft Office system programs
- Manage payroll and taxes with ADP’s integrated payroll service
- List items on eBay, track sales activity, and download and process orders
- Email invoices and get paid faster with PayPal
- Monitor your customers’ business credit in real-time through Equifax
MS plans to complement this release with a Professional version which will offer many more features including inventory management and Microsoft Dynamics POS integration. The professional version will be available in January 2007 for $149.